1. Quickfacts – Lagalb
Start: Valley station Lagalb, 2116 m
Finish: Mountain station Lagalb, 2893 m
Vertical climb: 777 hm
Distance: 4,7 km
Track marking: Orange flags
Registration takes place via the registration portal of our timing partner MSO and can only be carried out online.
Online registration is possible until 28.03.2019, 23:59. Late-entry registrations are possible on site for an additional charge of CHF 5, -. Please note that registrations that take place after Sunday 24.03.2019 at midnight will not be given the name on the start number.
2. Track – Lagalb
Please find here the 3D-View of the track: Lagalb
Length: 4,7 km
D+: 777 hm
3. Program: Saturday, 30.03.19
- 11:30 Uhr Bib draw und Late Entry-Registration
- 14:30 Uhr Start of all categories
- 15:15 Uhr Arrival of the first runners
- 15:30 Uhr Start SkiMo Meal
- 16:30 Uhr Presentation Ceremony
- 18:00 Uhr Last cable car
4. Age categories
- Men under 45: 21 to 45 years
- Men over 45: 45 years and older
- Ladies under 45: 21 to 45 years
- Ladies over 45: 45 years and older
- Junior Boys: 15 to 20 years
- Junior Girls: 15 to 20 years
Parental permission: For minors a written permission of the parents is required. The corresponding form is available for download and must be filled out and signed at the start number issue.
5. Prices & Services
- Adults: CHF 40, – each way
- 3 Summits (All three routes): CHF 100, –
- 2 of 3 (two routes): CHF 70, –
- Junior: CHF 20, – each way
- SkiMo Meal
- Luggage transport to the mountain station and storage in the destination
- Finisher gift
- Descent by mountain railway
Prices of the event:
Julbo glasses, Petzl products, wine and many more…
Prices of the tour rating:
- Overnight at Grand Hotel Kronenhof in Pontresina incl Skipass
6. Description, location and how to get there
Natural, marvellous, adventurous
Not only the view of the mighty mountain backdrop around the Morteratsch-Glacier is breathtaking. Also the lakes of the Oberengadin impress the wintersport fans. The Lago Bianco, that has been responsible for the name Lagalb, plays a very important role in that. Ice skating on black ice is a unique natural experience as well as the skitouring routes from the mountain station down to La Rösa.
The escape feeling of the Lagalb adds an adventure element to the winter experience.
How to get there and parking
The ski- and trekking resort Lagalb is located near the village of Pontresina. It can be reached by car within 10 minutes. At the valley station there is a big parking lot free of charge.
7. The most important rules – brief overview
Please have in mind to bring the compulsory equipment to the starting bib distribution. In case you won’t have your equipment with you, we won’t hand out the starting bib. Thank you for your understanding.
The compulsory equipment is:
- Emergency blanket
- Starting bib (visible at all times)
Cancellation and withdrawal from race
- In case of a cancellation of the registration or a withdrawal from the race, the participant will not be reimbursed regardless of any reason. Optional, the participant can at the online-registration sign up an insurance to cover the cost of the participation fee.
- In case the race gets cancelled for any other reason than for safety and security or for Force Majeure, the participation fee will be reimbursed. In case that the race gets postponed, delayed or cancelled for security reasons or in case of Force Majeure, no participation fee or any other costs will be reimbursed.
- In case the track gets changed or altered for reasons of security and safety (mainly, but not limited to bad weather situations) no fees will be reimbursed.
Important behaviour rules
- All runners must follow the signs on the track.
- All participants must support other runners that have had an accident or have gotten into danger. In these cases, the participants must immediately inform the race committee.
- All participants must take care of the environment. No trash should be left on the tracks.
8. Complete rules
The complete rules for 3-Summits SkiMo verticals – Lagalb will be published in due course.