1. Quickfacts – Diavolezza
Start: Valley station Diavolezza, 2088 m
Finish: Mountain station Diavolezza, 2978 m
Vertical climb: 890hm
Distance: 4,5 km
Track marking: Orange flags
Registration takes place via the registration portal of our timing partner MSO and can only be carried out online.
Online registration is possible until 05.01.2020, 23:59. Late-entry registrations are possible on site for an additional charge of CHF 5, -. Please note that registrations that take place after Sunday 02.01.2020 at midnight will not be given the name on the start number.
2. Track – Diavolezza
Please find here the 3D-View of the track: Diavolezza
Length: 4,5 km
D+: 850 hm
3. Program: Saturday, 11.01.20
- 12:30 start number issue and late entry registration
- 15:30 mass start for all categories
- 16:15 clock arrival of the first runners
- 16:30 start SkiMo Meal
- 17.30 Prize giving ceremony in the Berghaus Diavolezza
- 20:00 Last downhill of the mountain railways
4. Age categories
- Men: 21 to 45 years
- Men Masters: 45 years and older
- Ladies: 21 to 45 years
- Ladies Masters: 45 years and older
- Junior Boys: 15 to 20 years
- Junior Girls: 15 to 20 years
Parental permission: For minors a written permission of the parents is required. The corresponding form is available for download and must be filled out and signed at the start number issue.
5. Prices & Services
- Adults: CHF 40, – each way
- 3 Summits (All three routes): CHF 100, –
- 2 of 3 (two routes): CHF 70, –
- Junior: CHF 20, – each way
- SkiMo Meal
- Luggage transport to the mountain station and storage in the destination
- Finisher gift
- Descent by mountain railway
Prices of the event:
Julbo glasses, Super Natural clothes, Petzl products, wine and many more…
Prices of the tour rating:
Our sponsor provide all winners with top prices!
6. Description, location and how to get there
Passionate, hot-cold, diabolic beauty
Named after a fabulous creature, the Diavolezza at the Morteratsch-Glacier offers visitors a mountain experience of its own kind. Not only passionate skiers during glacier or moon-light downhills can feel the fascinacting atmosphere of the Oberengadin, but also the many ski tourers will make this unique experience by having the „Ball room of the Alps“ inclusive Piz Palm and Piz Bernina in permanent sight. The „Berghaus Diavolezza“ is located on 3’000 Meter and can be reached easily via the cable car from the valley station at the Berninastrasse.
The „Berghaus“ has a long-standing history. From here, many years ago, some very brave climbers started their approaches for the first ascents of highest summits of the East Alpes. And it is said that many years before that, a beautiful red-haired devil had also lived up there.
THE DIAVOLEZZA CHALLENGE
For ambitioned ski tourers there will be a new great offer from this winter on: The «Diavolezza Challenge». This permanent SkiMo track will lead next and off-piste over 1.000 metres vertical climb from the valley station Diavolezza up to the mountain station. This pioneering project offers ski tourers for the first time a marked and secure training possibility.
Another service: athlets can leave their luggage at the valley station. While running, the luggage will be sent to the top of Diavolezza. And at arrival, it is then already waiting in the restaurant. This great service can be booked for CHF 22,-. The individual track time can be taken via the free-of-charge Corvatsch Diavolezza Lagalb App. All users of this App will automatically take part in a sweapstake to win attractive prizes. Additionally, this permanent Skitouring track is also open for trainings once a week in the evening.
You can find more information here.
How to get there and parking
The ski- and trekking resort Diavolezza is located near the village of Pontresina. It can be reached by car within 10 minutes. At the valley station there is a big parking lot free of charge.
7. The most important rules – brief overview
Please have in mind to bring the compulsory equipment to the starting bib distribution. In case you won’t have your equipment with you, we won’t hand out the starting bib. Thank you for your understanding.
The compulsory equipment is:
- Emergency blanket
- Starting bib (visible at all times)
- Head lamps
Cancellation and withdrawal from race
- In case of a cancellation of the registration or a withdrawal from the race, the participant will not be reimbursed regardless of any reason. Optional, the participant can at the online-registration sign up an insurance to cover the cost of the participation fee.
- In case the race gets cancelled for any other reason than for safety and security or for Force Majeure, the participation fee will be reimbursed. In case that the race gets postponed, delayed or cancelled for security reasons or in case of Force Majeure, no participation fee or any other costs will be reimbursed.
- In case the track gets changed or altered for reasons of security and safety (mainly, but not limited to bad weather situations) no fees will be reimbursed.
Important behaviour rules
- All runners must follow the signs on the track.
- All participants must support other runners that have had an accident or have gotten into danger. In these cases, the participants must immediately inform the race committee.
- All participants must take care of the environment. No trash should be left on the tracks.
8. Complete rules
The complete rules for 3-Summits SkiMo verticals – Diavolezza will be published in due course.