Race information and registration
1. Quickfacts – Corvatsch
Start: Valley station Corvatsch, 1856 m
Finish: Moutain station Murtèl, 2702
Vertical climb: 837 hm
Distance: 4,0 km
Track marking: Orange flags
Registration takes place via the registration portal of our timing partner MSO and can only be carried out online.
Online registration is possible until 07.02.2019, 23:59. Late-entry registrations are possible on site for an additional charge of CHF 5, -. Please note that registrations that take place after Sunday 03.02.2019 at midnight will not be given the name on the start number.
2. Track – Corvatsch
Please find here the 3D-View of the track: Corvatsch
Length: 4,0 km
D+: 837 hm
3. Program: Saturday, 09.02.19
- 14:30 start number issue and late entry registration
- 17:30 mass start for all categories
- 18:15 arrival of the first runners
- 18:30 Start SkiMo Meal
- 19:00 First downhill cable car
- 19:30 price giving ceremony
- 21:00 Last downhill cable car
4. Age categories
- Men under 45: 21 to 45 years
- Men over 45: 45 years and older
- Ladies under 45: 21 to 45 years
- Ladies over 45: 45 years and older
- Junior Boys: 15 to 20 years
- Junior Girls: 15 to 20 years
Parental permission: For minors a written permission of the parents is required. The corresponding form is available for download and must be filled out and signed at the start number issue.
5. Prices & Services
- Adults: CHF 40, – each way
- 3 Summits (All three routes): CHF 100, –
- 2 of 3 (two routes): CHF 70, –
- Junior: CHF 20, – each way
- SkiMo Meal
- Luggage transport to the mountain station and storage in the destination
- Finisher gift
- Descent by mountain railway
Prices of the event:
Julbo glasses, Petzl products, wine and many more…
Prices of the tour rating:
- Overnight in Grand Hotel Kronenhof in Pontresina incl. skiing pass
6. Description, location and how to get there
Clever, breathtaking, free
Happy downhill runs on 3303 metres in powder snow with blue skies. The ski ressort Corvatsch-Furtschellas with 120 km top prepared slopes, a snow park and freeride-downhills offers all winter sport fan the paradies on earth. The legendary Hahnenseeabfahrt and the many skitouring possibilities are regarded as top highlights of the Engadin.
A variety of wintersport possibilities and a unique landscape: the Oberengadin is one of the most beautiful and largest winter sport regions of Switzerland. 350 km slopes, more than 220 km cross-country ski tracks, 150 km winter walking trails, numerous ski touring- and freeride-possibilities. Welcome to the winter! Welcome to the Engadin!
7. The most important rules – brief overview
Please have in mind to bring the compulsory equipment to the starting bib distribution. In case you won’t have your equipment with you, we won’t hand out the starting bib. Thank you for your understanding.
The compulsory equipment is:
- Emergency blanket
- Starting bib (visible at all times)
Cancellation and withdrawal from race
- In case of a cancellation of the registration or a withdrawal from the race, the participant will not be reimbursed regardless of any reason. Optional, the participant can at the online-registration sign up an insurance to cover the cost of the participation fee.
- In case the race gets cancelled for any other reason than for safety and security or for Force Majeure, the participation fee will be reimbursed. In case that the race gets postponed, delayed or cancelled for security reasons or in case of Force Majeure, no participation fee or any other costs will be reimbursed.
- In case the track gets changed or altered for reasons of security and safety (mainly, but not limited to bad weather situations) no fees will be reimbursed.
Important behaviour rules
- All runners must follow the signs on the track.
- All participants must support other runners that have had an accident or have gotten into danger. In these cases, the participants must immediately inform the race committee.
- All participants must take care of the environment. No trash should be left on the tracks.
8. Complete rules
The complete rules for 3-Summits SkiMo verticals – Corvatsch will be published in due course.